Rajiv Gupta, Managing Director RCI Industries & Technologies Ltd.
Where quality and innovation go hand in hand consistently for a manufacturing conglomerate, growth is robotically witnessed. Consolidation of position in a fiercely competitive business scenario happens at ease. Furthermore, it is a blend of response to changing economic conditions, dynamic leadership of promoters, dedication and efforts of employees, catering to the specific needs of diverse customers, utilization of advanced technology, commitment to customer satisfaction, and delivering of value that go into the making of an empire for a firm. These are the parameters that best identify RCI Industries & Technologies Ltd. The BSE listed conglomerate is headquartered at Wazirpur Industrial Area ,Delhi, with manufacturing set-up at Nalagarh and Baddi District Solan in Himachal Pradesh . The firm’s overseas office is located at Dubai. “Maintaining quality, delivery timings, and volumes are our USPs. We have a ready rolling stock to meet any emerging order demand. We are ranked the best in ‘product mix’, manufacturing an average of 1500 tonnes a month. We are also deemed the most competitive company with reasonable making charges,” says the magnetic Mr. Rajiv Gupta, Managing Director. For few companies, fortunes and successes are pre-destined. This is best demonstrated by RCI Industries & Technologies Ltd. founded by Mr. R.C. Gupta who ventured in 1992 with an investment of 3 crore. Success instantaneously embraced the firm, corroborated by the generation of a turnover of Rs. 25 crore the same fiscal. The family business in metals and the experience gained over the years further aided the venture. Trading of metals and manufacturing of copper wires for the cable industry and super enamel wires were what RCI was involved in at the beginning.
Currently, Rs 1150 crore turnover witnessing an average growth rate of 20%, is envisaging to generating a mind boggling Rs. 1400 crore during current financial year 2016-2017. And the product portfolio expanded with reach spreading out across geographical boundaries, spanning Africa, the Middle East, Russia, and other countries.
• Manufacturer, Supplier & Exporter of: Copper items, annealed/un-annealed copper wires, bunched copper wires, continuous cast copper rods, variety of handicrafts like artificial jewellery, decorative items, different types of stands, trays, etc.
• Importer & Trader of : Brass items, scrap, copper scraps, CC copper rod 8mm, copper cathodes, tar coal, tin solver solders, tin lead and lead free solder, wires, strips, bars, sticks, bitumen oil, tin silver alloy solder wires, strips, bars, sticks
• Manufacturer of copper , brass & stainless steel – stips/foils/coils.
• Value Added Services: Sheet cutting, circle cutting, strip deburring, edge conditioning, strips flattening, coil and sheets polishing, strip lamination (plastic coating), special packings, special cores, supply of plates and flats, narrow slitting. Technological strength is the vertebrae for a manufacturing firm. RCI Industries & Technologies Ltd. is equipped with a state-of-the-art manufacturing unit spread over an area of 4000 sq yards at Nalagarh, Solan in Himachal Pradesh. Few of the machines, all of green technology enabling pollution control, worth mentioning are high speed rod breakdown machine, super fine drawing machines, online annealing for super fine finish, bunching machine, fire refining cum melting furnace, and more. An in-house R&D lab facilitates development of innovative products according to changing global market trends and local needs. RCI recently acquired Devi Metal Technologies unit at Baddi for the manufacturing of copper / brass / stainless steel strips and foils. The plant is spread over an area of 9828 Sq. Mtr. Based on market demands and customized requirements, the products are manufactured in different dimensions and specifications. The conglomerate has also implemented a major expansion plan, replacing existing old equipments and installing new plants and machinery at expenditure valued at approx. 15 crore. This will enhance production capacity from 3000 MT to 7000 MT annually. RCI Industries & Technologies Ltd. has two wholly owned subsidiaries - RCI World Trade Link DMCC (RCI DMCC) and RCI Skills & Social Development Private Limited. The latter is founded as a non-profit body with the objective of involving in various social activities. As part of corporate social responsibility, RCI also provides skill development training to unskilled laborers under this banner. RCI DMCC is registered under the Laws of Dubai Multi Commodity/ JLT as a multi-commodity international trader in 2014. The firm independently trades in non ferrous metals like copper and copper products including copper rod, copper wire, copper scrap, copper cables, copper ingots, lead/zinc/tin ingots etc. India, UAE, Georgia, Russia, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia are the regions covered at present with scope to expand in other regions of the world. Rates of commodities, especially metals, highly fluctuate due to their direct link with the London Metal Exchange (LME) prices. To counter this, RCI DMCC specially devised a mechanism by having an account with INTL FC Stone LLC and
hedging a position directly in LME with few other companies. Besides, this subsidiary of the RCI Group has gained a competitive advantage in UAE by productively giving value addition to the local trade. Under this endeavor, RCI DMCC supports local companies in UAE to set up scrap processing facilities in a Green environment and then procuring the proceeded scrap from them for other third countries. Currently, the firm has two such scrap processing facilities at Sharjah (UAE).
• Head office in Delhi and branch office in Dubai
• State-of-the-art manufacturing unit spread over 4000 sq yards and 9828 Sq. Mtrs. in Himachal Pradesh
• Listed with BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange)
• 1500 tonnes of product mix manufactured per month
• Optimum utilization resources and production capacities
• Registered with FETA; 25% of sales generated from exports
• Staff strength of 100 people; free food and accommodation to laborers
• In-house R&D lab, equipped with all modern facilities
• Clients are OEMs from all industries; 100% retention
• Customization of products in terms of size, length, thickness, packaging, etc. RCI copper products find application in various industries. For example, continuous cast copper rods are primarily used in construction, cement, shipbuilding, and allied industries. These rods are featured with excellent tensile strength, corrosion resistant properties, are accurate in dimensions, and available in different shapes and sizes. Bunched copper wire ropes are used for connectors and for various electrical and industrial purposes. The list goes on. “Our annealed and un-annealed copper wires are high in demand in the global market owing to their high quality in conduction, performance, durability, and reliability. All our products are of superlative quality and come with excellent features,” says the vivacious Mrs. Mamta Gupta (wife of Rajiv Gupta), Co Director. When asked if he has any grievances against the government, Mr. Rajiv Gupta complains about the high power cost and the high cost of running a business. A Commerce (Hons) graduate from Delhi University, Mr. Gupta joined the family business in 1986. With his extensive market knowledge, business skills, and dedication, he has been instrumental in steering the growth story of the conglomerate. Mr. Gupta is planning to diversify into solar power and batteries. Setting up of a plant in Gujarat to give shape to this initiative is in the cards. Mr. Rajiv Gupta gives credit to his father Mr. R.C. Gupta and God’s grace for the success of the group. “Bring new ideas and implement them, be competitive, be straight forward, and have clear lines,” winds up the dynamic entrepreneur. The banner of RCI is all set to envelop the business horizon in a fiercely competitive global scenario!
Rajiv Gupta, Managing Director
Rajiv Gupta, Managing Director, RCI Industries & Technology Ltd. being Awarded by Dr. Harsh Vardhan
Mamta Gupta, Co Director