Amongst top 5 players in menthol and essential oils
Think about menthol and essential oils. You will be shipped to a terrain of wellness. The refreshing aroma is associated with myriad health and wellness benefits. This organic compound made obtained from corn mint, peppermint, or other mint oils has diverse wellness applications. Here is a firm that has been involved in the manufacturing of menthol, essential oils and allied products, contributing to a healthier society since 2003. We are delving about Praveen Aroma Pvt. Ltd.. The ISO 9001:2008, ISO 22000, GMP, and FDA certified company is headquartered at Okhla Industrial Area in the national capital city with state-of-the-art factories in UP and Uttaranchal. The company also deals in agri-Seeds. “We are amongst the top five players in our segment in terms of quality. A research-oriented and quality-focused organization, we are committed to deliver what our clients exactly require,” says a magnetic Mr. Parveen Rastogi, Managing Director. The naissance of Praveen Aroma is rooted to its founding as Jayshree Chemicals, which in later years became a private limited company. The brainchild behind the establishment of this firm is the young, dynamic and visionary Mr. Parveen Rastogi. At an age when teenagers choose their career platforms and accordingly opt for their educational vocation, 17 year-old Rastogi gave shape to his dreams of entrepreneurship! It was the year 2003. And the journey from Jayshree Chemicals to its rechristening as Praveen Aroma in 2011 has been challenging as well as instrumental. A graduate from Hindu College Moradabad, Mr. Rastogi draws inspiration from Dhirubhai Ambani’s ways of working. Disabled by polio, he never let the disability deter his success! He likes working in a closed cabin and thinking big besides being always focused on his goals. No wonder the empire that he had created from the scratch in a short span of time well corroborates his beliefs and judgments! Expanding and diversification further broadened the horizons of Praveen Aroma. In the year 2011, Mr. Rastogi acquired Continental Seeds & Chemicals Ltd. involving an investment of Rs. 4 crore. The firm deals in agri-seeds from wheat and paddy that benefits farmers. Currently, this firm is perched at a turnover of Rs. 60 crore. With Praveen Aroma generating a turnover of Rs. 182
crore in the last fiscal, the total group turnover stands at Rs. 320 crore. The group as a whole, is targeting Rs. 400 crores in 2018 fiscal! Mr. Rastogi has been recognized for his contribution to his chosen industry segment over time. He is a recipient of a national award and MSME excellence award and other honors.
• Menthol: Menthol crystals, menthol needle crystals (rice), peppermint oil of all grades, menthol powder and flakes
• Mint Oils (ex arvensis): Dementholised oil, cornmint oil/ mentha oil, l-limonene
• Mind Derivatives: Natural CIS-3 hexenol, 3-octanol, graded menthones, menthyl acetate, CIS-3 hexenol acetates
• Other Essential Oils and Derivatives: Mentha peiperita oil, basil oil, anethole, etc.
• Agri- sheets. “Last year we invested Rs. 2 crore on R&D for new product developments. We are looking forward towards creating a new product from the waste of pyridine called rolupresol. Whenever there is a surgery, antacids are created and rolupresol helps in prevention of liver damage,” says Mr. Rastogi. Praveen Aroma is equipped with two robust state-of-the-art factories at Sambhal (UP) and Bazpur (Uttaranchal). Both the units are accoutered with the most modern machines and tools. An in-house R&D centre and quality control unit facilitates development of innovative and quality products. Proximity of the factories to mint growing regions of Uttar Pradesh and UK enables quick access to raw material directly from farmers. This reduces chances of adulteration. Every product undergoes stringent quality checks, right from raw material procurement stage to final delivery. “Over the years, we have carved a distinctive niche as a trusted name. We cater to small and big companies from the wellness segment including farmers. Few of our clients worth mentioning are Nectar Lifesciences, GK Burman Herbals, Swati Menthol, to name a few,” says Mr. Rastogi.
• ISO 9001:2008, ISO 22000, GMP, and FDA certified firm
• 15 years of trust in the Indian market
• Two advanced factories in UP and Uttarakhand
• Team strength of 100 permanent and 500 contractual people
• 90% retention of staff
• Maximum retention of clients
• 100% commitment to customer satisfaction.
Praveen Aroma is backed by a workforce of committed and dedicated people - 100 permanent and 500 contractual. 90% of the staff has been retained since inception deeming it as one of the most trusted companies in its industry segment. They enjoy a plethora of benefits and facilities. When asked about the many challenges he had faced in his entrepreneurial journey till date, Mr. Rastogi says, “There were lot of financial problems. Banks weren’t supportive. They don’t cooperate or help; they only try to save their jobs.” On GST, he opines, “GST is a brilliant idea but implementation is not up to the mark. Numerous unorganized players from diverse industry segments have shut down because of GST.” Known as Gopal in UP for his charitable activities, Mr. Rastogi believes in working in a simple manner. Anyone who seeks help from him never goes empty handed. He has helped hundreds in need in UP. Mr. Rastogi has a practical view on success – “If you have a focused goal and work hard with a proper execution plan, you can easily achieve success.” He looks forward towards listing of both the companies. Considering himself as a person of buying and selling which has steered him towards the present success stature, the charismatic entrepreneur is envisaging to expand his business worldwide. Sky is the limit!
Parveen Rastogi, Managing Director