CEO BCL Group
The world around us isn’t safe. Thanks to the introduction of electronic security solutions and manned guarding! This has facilitated protection of premises round the clock irrespective of whether it is a residential space or workspace. Here is a group that has been delivering state-of-the-art security solutions for more than a decade now, contributing creation of safe spaces across India. We are delving about BCL Group. The ISO 9001:2008 certified group dealing in Electronic Security Services, Guarding and Facility Management Services, is part of a large conglomerate spanning infrastructure, finance and telecom. “Over 15000 of our trained guards are deployed across India. We are 100% self performing and professionally managed organization, which is our USP. Our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction has won us the trust of a robust client base from across different industry segments. Citiforce is our brand identity,” utters the dynamic Mr. Atul Mehrotra, Group CEO.
BCL Group Concerns
• Citiforce • India Serve • Parishram • Lat Am Agro. The group is promoted by Opulent Ventures Capital Trust (Opulent) registered with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) as a Venture Capital Fund, in the form of a trust under SEBI (Venutre Capital Funds) Regulations, 1996. A Political Science postgraduate and an MBA, the Group CEO Atul Mehrotra worked for myriad industry segments – 8 years for the BPO followed by smart card industry, nano technology, and as an advisory with Mr. Jeevan, Minister of Textiles before joining BCL. When he joined BCL, the group was at its startup stage (founded in 2005), perched at a turnover of Rs. 22 crore. With his vast experience and strategic policies, he has been instrumental in triggering a 40-50% rate in an average. Under his steering, BCL Group is all geared up to generate a turnover of a mind boggling Rs. 140 crore this fiscal. “Security is our core service sector of BCL Group followed by staffing solutions. The group is directly and indirectly related to Kanoria Foundation. BCL is one of the 7 organizations of this Trust,” says Mr. Atul Mehrotra.
Product and Service Verticals
• Guarding Solutions: Specialized Guarding, Canine (K9) Services, Special Event Security, Investigations, Protection Services, Fire Prevention Services, Security Audit • Electronic Security Solutions: Krypkee, CCTV & Remote Video Access, Smart City Surveillance, Smart Energy Solutions, Smart Water, Intelligent Transport Solutions (ITS), VSAAS, Visitor Management System, HVAC & Building Management Systems • Facility Management: Soft Facilities Management Services, Hard Facilities Management Services, Security Services, Other Additional Services like mail room and travel desk management, courier service, lease negotiations, etc.
• Staffing Solutions: HR Managed Services, Permanent Recruitment, Contractual/ Temporary Staffing, Payroll, Background Verification.
“Krypkey is the latest innovative product that we have introduced in the market. It is a dynamic locking solution with double access control. It allows any asset, both transported and static, to be managed and controlled remotely in addition to continuous monitoring and tracking,” says a magnetic Mr. Tarun Malhotra, Group COO.
BCL Group has an in-house R&D unit backed by a team of 20 research professionals. The team conducts research on the latest trends and technology in the security industry and accordingly develops innovative security solutions. The group has spent around Rs. 8 crore during the last one and half years.
Areas of Service
• Educational Facilities
• Critical Facilities
• Safe Cities
• Public Transport.
A dedicated training institute in Dwarka, spread over an area of 1 acre, facilitates training of security guards. “Security Guards are the first line of defense against crime. Our guards are equipped with not only practical knowledge about how to react in emergency situations but also with occupational and behavioural skills. They are all trained to perfection,” says Mr. Mehrotra. The group has entered into strategic collaborative partnerships with overseas security solutions providers with an objective to deliver enhanced products and services. Worth mentioning are DiagNose (Israel); Gilardoni (Italy); Latam Agro (Argentina) and KCA (Taiwan) IMI Academy, Assa Abloy, Multilock, Octopus.
“We share a familial bonding with our staff. They are entitled to numerous benefits and facilities. We never compromise on employee growth. I connect with them personally. We are always a step ahead of helping those who are in need of financial assistance,” utters the visionary Mr. Atul Mehrotra.
• 15,000 trained guards deployed across India
• Trained guards for protecting PM
• Training of women for self defence
• Staff strength of 140 professionals; maximum retention
• 90% retention of clients
• Provides PSO
• Training institute in Dwarka, spread over 1 acre
• 19 offices across India.
As part of corporate social responsibility, BCL Group regularly donates for the upliftment of the poor and needy. Besides running schools, the group organizes international seminar on all religions and has been regularly involved for the cause of acid attack victims. The charismatic Mr. Atul Mehrotra owes the success of the group to a blend of destiny, team effort, hard work, Mr. Jeevan from whom he learnt a lot, his family legacy, and his grandfather Parshuram Mehrotra. His grandfather had worked with Mahatma Gandhi. He says, “There are no short cuts to success. If one is focused and believes in oneself, success is certain.” All geared up for introducing an innovative home lock system in March and an acquisition, BCL Group is ready to further mark its stamp in the security industry horizon. New additions in cyber security and cyber forensics are in the agenda. IMI and an Israel based company are collaborators in the project. Five years down the line, Atul Mehrotra is envisaged to generate a turnover of Rs. 1000 crore and expand the group’s training vertical. Mr. Sky is the limit!
Atul Mehrotra, CEO
Tarun Malhotra, COO