Ag­grieved by State or Na­tional Com­mis­sion?

Consumer Voice - - Legal Matters -

Sec­tion 19

Ag­grieved by an or­der passed by the State Com­mis­sion, a per­son can­not in­voke the ju­ris­dic­tion of high court un­der Ar­ti­cle 227 of the Con­sti­tu­tion, as held in the mat­ter of P Subra­ma­nian ver­sus Ori­en­tal In­sur­ance Com­pany at Madras High Court in 2004.

Only the Na­tional Com­mis­sion has the power of ad­min­is­tra­tive con­trol on all the state com­mis­sions and con­sumer fo­rums in the coun­try and can call for any records, etc. So, if an in­di­vid­ual is un­sat­is­fied with the State Com­mis­sion, he must ap­peal at the Na­tional Com­mis­sion.

Fi­nally, an ap­peal against the or­der passed by the Na­tional Com­mis­sion can be filed be­fore the Supreme Court of the coun­try within 30 days from the date or­der.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.