Slow Down the Running Costs
Heating and cooling appliances account for about 40 per cent of the energy usage. To save money when running your air conditioner, there are several things you can do.
• Size: Having the correct AC size is an important first step.
• Star ratings: A model with more stars will be more efficient and use less power than a model with fewer stars.
• Make your home as energy-efficient as possible.
• Use economy mode (‘Eco mode’) if your air conditioner has one.
• Set the thermostat (target temperature) to a reasonable temperature so the system doesn’t have to work too hard and use more power than really necessary.