Woman, 2 daughters charred to death in Hisar village fire
HISAR: A 38-year-old woman and her two daughters were charred to death in a fire that broke out in at a house near Bhairi Akbarpur village in Uklana subdivision of Hisar district on Friday night.
Four members of the same family received burn injuries in the incident.
Investigating officer (IO) and Uklana SHO Krishan Lal said the deceased have been identified as Suman Devi, 38, her daughters Nisha Rani, 13 and Rajni Rani, 11.
He said their bodies have been sent to Hisar general hospital for autopsy.
The SHO said those who received burn injuries in the incident were identified as Suresh Kumar, husband of Suman, his elder brother Prabhu and Prabhu’s two daughters Geeta Rani and Pooja Rani. The injured were admitted to a nearby private hospital where they were stated to be stable.
Family members of the victims said the fire broke out inside their house at about 1am. They informed the police, who rushed to the spot along with fire tenders.
Balwant Singh, a neighbour of the victim, said, “It was about 1am when I heard screams and saw smoke coming out of the house. We rushed to the spot and started rescue work. The fire broke out due to short circuit.”
He said Suman and her two daughters died in the fire as the burning electric wire fell on the bed they were sleeping on, leading to the fire. Her husband Suresh rushed to the room , but could not pull them out of fire. They died on the spot. His brother Prabhu and his daughters, who were sleeping in another room, managed to come out of the house.
As Hisar superintendent of police (SP) Shiv Charan was out of town, Fatehabad SP Deepak Saharan rushed to the spot. He said the house is located deep inside the village, where the fire tenders had great difficulty to reach due to narrow lane.
Uklana MLA Anoop Dhanak also visited the Hisar civil hospital and enquired after the health of the injured.
Talking to HT, Dhanak said, “We will send a request to chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar, seeking financial aid to the family.”
SHO Krishan Lal said, “Prima facie, it seems that the fire broke out due to short circuit, but we are still investigating into the matter.
THE HOUSE IS LOCATED DEEP INSIDE THE VILLAGE, WHERE THE FIRE TENDERS HAD GREAT DIFFICULTY TO REACH, POLICE SAID