Curly hair, don’t care? Tips to keep them beautiful, manageable
Agirl with bouncy, curly hair attracts the envy of all those who yearn to flaunt a head full of curls some day. But only those with this hair type or style know about the heavy-duty maintenance it demands. From your selection of comb to the haircut to the shampoo you use, one has to get it all right to keep the hair fab, and far from looking all fuzzy. Here are some tips:
1. Avoid using hairbrushes. Always comb your hair from the bottom up with a widetooth comb to avoid breakage of hair. Now, while combing is a good idea, don’t do it too often or it will lead to hairfall and frizziness.
2. Cocktail your hair products by mixing the serum with hair mousse and coconut oil. It gives a smooth texture to curly hair.
3. Do not loop your hair with your finger. Because your finger takes away the moisture from your hair and that further leads to breakage.
4. Be very specific about the fabric of the towel you are using. Try avoiding the ones which absorb too much water out of your hair. For example, terracotta should be avoided.
5. Do not be very experimental with your hair styling products. It may not suit your scalp and hair type and lead to side effects.
6. Add essential oils to your hair care regime to avoid and tame the existing frizz. Applying apple cider vinegar to your stubborn curls can help smoothen them.
7. Tie your hair in a way that allows it to breathe. A slightly loose top bun or chignon are the ideal hairdos.
8. Be very particular about your pillow covers. It’s best to sleep on a satin cover so that it does not leave your hair tangled and messy.
9. Use a diffuser to even out your curls. It balances the amount of frizz after your hair dries naturally.
10. Argan oil and Moroccan red clay powder, when mixed and applied, instantly clean your scalp, thereby aiding better and softer hair growth.
11. Add mayonnaise to your hair care routine, as it deeply moisturises your hair. Also, a mixture of curd and oil when applied to the lengths of your hair and washed with a mild shampoo makes your mane soft and shiny.
12. Curly hair tends to get dry very soon. Oiling it regularly is the best way to go about maintaining it. Or, massage hydrating aloe vera gel into your scalp. Also, the use of banana-honey hair masks will help lock in the moisture.
13. It is recommended to use shampoos and conditioners that are meant for damaged hair. As we mentioned earlier, curly hair is usually dry, so using a shampoo with milder ingredients will help keep the moisture intact.
14. The curlier the hair, the longer should be its length. The weight of the layers gives an illusion of less voluminous hair.
15. Apply Vaseline to your baby hair to settle them down.
Curly hair can be hard to maintain