▪ The Congress has been closing the gap with the BJP in terms of vote and seat share in successive assembly elections
▪ An HT analysis shows that alienation among Scheduled Tribe (ST) voters about the BJP might have contributed to the gradual revival of Congress in the state.
▪ The Congress won more ST-reserved seats than the BJP in the 2013 elections
▪ The Congress had a vote share lead over the BJP in constituencies with more than 50% ST population
▪ The BJP gains were the biggest in seats with less than 25% ST population