Vil­lagers op­pose NAINA pol­icy, de­mand 70% land

Hindustan Times ST (Mumbai) - HT Navi Mumbai Live - - NAVIMUMBAI - G Mo­hi­ud­din Jeddy ht­for­nav­i­mum­bai@hin­dus­tan­

Pro­ject- af­fected peo­ple (PAP) of Navi Mum­bai Air­port In­flu­ence No­ti­fied Area (NAINA) have threat­ened to shut City and In­dus­trial De­vel­op­ment Cor­po­ra­tion ( Cidco) down if their de­mands are not met within the next six months.

The Shetkari Utkarsh Samiti staged a rally from Kharghar rail­way sta­tion to Belapur to high­light their de­mands on Mon­day.

The rally was led by Peas­ants and Work­ers Party (PWP) leader and for­mer MLA Vivek Patil in the pres­ence of Congress district pres­i­dent RC Gharat.

Af­ter t he rally reached Cidco Bha­van, it was con­verted into a pub­lic meet­ing. The PAP de­manded all vil­lages of Pan­vel taluka be in­cluded in the pro­posed Pan­vel Mu­nic­i­pal Cor­po­ra­tion.

The farm­ers of 111 vil­lages have op­posed the poli­cies in NAINA and formed the Utkarsh Samiti.

Ac­cord­ing to NAINA pol­icy, PAP will get 60% of the land they give to Cidco and the rest 40% land will be used by Cidco to de­velop ba­sic civic in­fra­struc­ture. The farm­ers are, how­ever, de­mand­ing that they be given 70% of the land and Cidco keep 30%.

They have also de­manded that in­stead of 25-acre limit, Cidco should give 1.7 floor space in­dex (FSI) to 5 acre.

The Samiti has de­manded that 2.5 FSI be given in ar­eas within the vil­lages and pub­lic places, govern­ment of­fices, places, play­grounds, au­di­to­ri­ums and gar­dens be re­served for the farm­ers.

They also want ex­emp­tion from de­vel­op­ment charges for the farm­ers. The farm­ers, whose land will be used for con­struc­tion of Vi­rar- Va­sai- Alibaug Road, should be given 2 FSI.

“We are op­posed to the NAINA poli­cies in their present form and will not al­low Cidco to im­ple­ment them,” said Patil.

He said, “We have given a mem­o­ran­dum to Cidco of­fi­cials stat­ing that our de­mands be met in six months.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.