Fire breaks out at dist transport office
A minor fire broke out at the district transport office here on Saturday.
Records pertaining to driving licence were kept in the DTO office.
The employees present in the room rushed out of the room, as the room filled with the smoke.
The employees doused the fire with extinguishers. Later, they locked the room.
According to the employees, the fire broke out when they were entering data into the computer.
Short circuit is said to be behind the incident.
Locals called the fire brigade, but the employees of the DTO office doused the flames before the fire brigade reached the spot.
PROPOSAL TO ESTABLISH FIRE STATION HANGS IN BALANCE
It has been learnt that the then joint commissioner of the Ludhiana municipal corporation, Kuldeep Singh, had passed the proposal to establish a fire station at the mini secretariat in the municipal house.
As there is no fire station on the Ferozepur road, the officers had planned to deploy one fire tender at the mini secretariat in case of any fire mishap. However, nothing has been done in this regard so far .
HT Live Correspondent The locked room of the DTO office in Ludhiana where a minor fire incident took place on Saturday.