Dynamic Environment of Singapore Attracts MICE
TUI - Meetings & Incentives organised a conference and award function for 580 people for a leading global pharma company at Hotel Marina Bay Sands Singapore. The event included conference sessions and an award function to facilitate the employees of the c
• Singapore Airlines was majorly used for travel to Singapore and back. However, to accommodate the large number of people travelling together at the same time - Silk Air, Jet Airways and Indigo were also used.
• People were mainly travelling from Bengaluru, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Thiruvanathapuram, Chennai and Kolkata
• Selecting a venue that can accommodate a large group and provide excellent service
• To arrange shuttle services for the group who had to arrive from different cities in India.
• To provide arrival assistance at the airport and hotel and room allocation.
• Arranging entertainment options for the event.
Addressing the challenges
• Singapore was the preferred choice of the client and after aggressive negotiations Hotel Marina Bay Sands was chosen as the final venue.
• Appointed a channelised operation team with one window access and one point of contact for the entire event (pre and post).
• Recce visits were made by the senior management and operations team prior to the event dates to finalise the setup.
• Prompt updates on the collection of documents, visa submission and collection information, etc., sent to the client.
• Coaches were numbered and colour-coded based on the arrivals in Singapore managed by one TUI tour manager and tour guide.
• Room keys were distributed in the coach during transfer from airport to the hotel.
• Arranged a 24x7 TUI helpdesk at the hotel.
• The itinerary booklet was handed over to the guests which had all the addresses of restaurants, 24-hour TUI helpline in the hotel and also a mobile helpline.
• Control Team from TUI had the total connectivity/ control of the ground logistics during the transfers and sightseeing.
• Approx. 18 coaches were allocated for transfers and sightseeing.
• Liaisoning with the hotel for smooth gala dinner with M-Sonic performance.
The event was flawlessly coordinated right from departures in India to arrival and transfers in Singapore. The colour-coding technique used for transfers was a big hit and applauded by the client.
Naveen Rizvi Sr Vice President Head TUI Meetings & Incentives
Bottom: The 580 delegates assemble for a photograph
Top: Delegates during the award ceremony