CHICKEN BLACK BEAN STEW
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, diced
4 cups chicken broth
5-6 tomatoes, diced and roasted
1½ cup black beans, cooked
1 tsp smoked paprika Salt to taste
2 medium sweet potatoes (diced with skin)
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pot on medium heat. Add onion and sauté till it turns translucent.
2. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, smoked paprika, salt and 1 tsp pepper powder. Mix and bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low. Add sweet potatoes and simmer till they are cooked.
4. Mash the sweet potatoes to thicken the stew. Turn the heat off and add the chicken and parsley. Mix well. Let the stew get heated through.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
(Sports Nutritionist Radhika Toshniwal is an author of the book ‘Positive Eating, A Guide To Everyday Health & Nutrition with Easy-to-Cook Recipes’)