Impressive practices and activities carried by HHI
1. MSIL remains shut two times, during June and December for 1 week each. In this period, HHI does preventive maintenance on its machines so that they can run throughout the 6 months’ time without any breakdown.
2. Total Employee Engagement ( TEI) is 100 per cent in HHI.
3. Small Group Improvement (SGI) activities are also followed in HHI which means every month the company organises one activity. May is celebrated as 5S month, whereas November is the Quality month.
4. Poster competition and slogan competition are organised every month to keep employees engaged.
5. Operator of the day, month, and year are also announced regularly. Punctuality, behaviour and quality of work are the main parameters to decide the winners.
6. Every month, brainstorming sessions are conducted at HHI where all employees give at least two suggestions to improve the working culture on shopfloor.
7. Total Quality Management ( TQM) is an integral part of HHI’s working atmosphere. Using TQM’s checkpoints, daily management sheet at dispatch area is maintained which helps HHI management to find out the disparity between target and actual dispatch.
8. 4M (Man, Material, Machine and Method) management board is strictly maintained as part of QMS.