Girl dies after samosa eating contest
A 14-year-old girl died after she participated in a samosa eating competition with her friends at Neelankarai.
The girl was a class X student in a private school. Her father owns a hotel. Police said her family claimed that after swallowing samosas, she had aerated drinks and fainted. She was rushed to a private hospital but was declared brought dead by the doctors. The Neelankarai police registered a case of unnatural death. Investigation is under way. Police are looking into a suicide angle also. Two days ago, another girl from the same school had committed suicide by hanging at her residence due to personal issues, police said.