Entrance tests to go online at JNU next yr
New Delhi: Entrance examinations to Jawaharlal Nehru University will go completely online from the next session. This was among the key decisions taken at the univerity’s 146th academic council meeting on Friday. At the AC meeting, it was also decided to make marking of attendance compulsory for teachers. A number of other issues to “bring about major improvements in academic and research activities of the Uni- versity” were taken up.
After a resolution was adopted to this effect, JNU teachers will now be required to mark their attendance at least once a day. “AC has decided that during the registration process, at the beginning of every semester, all incoming and continuing students will need to give an undertaking that they will abide by the attendance rules,” JNU rector-1 Chintamani Mahapatra said in a statement.
He added that entrance exams would now be conducted
After a resolution was adopted to this effect, JNU teachers will now be required to mark their attendance at least once a day
online. Mahapatra claimed that “many AC members pointed out at the meeting that this decision will improve the admission process at JNU and be fairer, efficient, secure and biasfree”. He said a decision had been taken to put in place a uni- versity-level timetable soon. “This will enable the students to make choices about courses in various schools,” the statement read.
The rector claimed it was “a student-friendly decision” to make it mandatory for all teachers to show the corrected answer scripts of all exams — sessional, mid-semester and endsemester — to students before finalising the grades. “This will ensure that all student evaluations in JNU are fair and transparent,” he said.
The AC meeting approved the introduction of a two-year MSc programme in mathematics at the School of Physical Sciences from the next academic session. This was the first such AC meeting where no member of JNUSUwasallowedduetoan ongoing investigation. The students were served a notice on July 9, informing them that they would not be “special invitees” due to “a pending proctorial enquiry against them for creating disruption by marching up to the dais and using abusive language against the vice-chancellor”.