Iran denies role in Saudi oil attacks, says ready for war
RAPE AT 15, DARK PHASE OF DEALING WITH SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND MISCARRIAGE: DEMI MOORE REVEALS ALL IN MEMOIR VICTORIA BECKHAM SAYS SHE CAN NEVER SEE HERSELF PERFORMING WITH THE SPICE GIRLS AGAIN White House: Prez may meet Rouhani despite attacks
White House said on Sunday that President Donald Trump may still meet his Iranian counterpart Hassan Rouhani, despite the US accusing Iran of masterminding drone attacks on Saudi Arabian oil facilities. White House counsellor Kellyanne Conway did not rule out the possibility in a TV interview broadcast as Saudi Arabia raced to restart operations at oil plants hit by drone attacks that slashed its production. Tehran-backed Houthi rebels in neighbouring Yemen claimed Saturday’s strikes on two plants owned by state giant Aramco. Conway told “Fox News Sunday” that Trump would “consider” following up on his suggestion of a meeting at the upcoming UN General Assembly session in New York, adding that “the conditions must always be right for this president to make a deal or take a meeting. Arch-foes Tehran and Washington have been at loggerheads since May last year when Trump withdrew from a 2015 nuclear deal and began reimposing punitive measures.
Sunday and vowed to punish anyone using Iraq as a launchpad for attacks.
Regional tensions have escalated since Washington quit an international nuclear deal and extended sanctions on Iran to choke off its vital oil exports. The EU warned that Saturday’s attack posed a real threat to regional security and France said such as actions could only worsen “risk of conflict”. Iran’s ally Turkey called for the avoidance of “provocative steps”. The UAE, worried about rising Iran tensions and Western criticism of the war, has reduced its presence in Yemen, leaving Riyadh to try to neutralise the Houthi threat along its border.