• Capellini pasta
• Jumbo prawns
• Olive oil
• Chilli flakes
1. Soak the kombu overnight in cold water. The next day drain the water and chop the kombu into small pieces.
2. Peel the prawns and set aside.
3. Cover the shells and heads in olive oil and chilli to taste. Heat the shells, heads and chilli slowly to around 80 degrees and leave for 15 minutes to cool. Blend and strain to make a spicy prawn oil.
4. Boil the capellini pasta in salted water for about 2 minutes. 5. Take 2 tablespoons of the spicy prawn oil and heat in a frying pan, adding 4 to 5 prawns per portion. Sautée until almost cooked.
6. Add ½ tablespoon of kombu and a handful of capellini and arrange on the plate.
7. Finish by topping with a big squeeze of lime, some chilli flakes and finely chopped chives.
8. Serve hot.