Cool­boy Rangers show their class to take the spoils

Bray People - - SPORT -


COOL­BOY left with all the spoils on a warm sunny Sun­day with a 4-1 vic­tory over Ark­low United at Fern­dale Park.

The game started at a slow pace with both teams find­ing their feet and looking for ways to break down the op­po­si­tion.

The first real chance of the game fell to Daniel Kenny in the sev­enth minute af­ter a good pass put him through on goal but his re­sult­ing ef­fort went nar­rowly wide of the goal.

The game con­tin­ued to ebb and flow with nei­ther side re­ally es­tab­lish­ing any dom­i­nance or clear cut chances.

This all changed in the 14th minute as James Mc­Don­ald broke the dead­lock for Cool­boy.

Af­ter some tricky play down the right hand side from Jamie Pur­cell found Mc­Don­ald at the back post for a sim­ple tap in to open the scor­ing for the trav­el­ling side.

As a re­sult of this goal Cool­boy be­gan to dom­i­nate and ap­ply sig­nif­i­cant pres­sure to the Ark­low United goal, creating chance af­ter chance through­out the first half.

The Cool­boy lead was dou­bled in the 16th minute af­ter a kick out from the Ark­low United goal­keeper gave the ball to Jamie Pur­cell, whose through ball found Mar­cus Norse in be­hind the United de­fence who calmly slot­ted low into the bot­tom corner to give Cool­boy a firm grip on the game.

Ark­low United strug­gled to find any real open­ings against an ex­tremely res­o­lute Cool­boy de­fence and looked as if there was no open­ing to find their way back into the game.

Daniel Kenny found a rare op­por­tu­nity in be­hind the Cool­boy de­fence in the 22nd minute, how­ever his shot again went wide of the Cool­boy goal.

Cool­boy put them­selves in an even stronger po­si­tion just be­fore halft-ime af­ter a mix up in the Ark­low United de­fence from a Cool­boy corner found Mar­cus Norse un­marked in the box with an easy tap in to all but seal the re­sult for Cool­boy.

As the sec­ond half be­gan, Ark­low United looked a bit more as­sured of them­selves and were nearly gifted a goal in the 31st minute when a long-range shot from Daniel Kenny led to a fum­ble from the Cool­boy keeper which luck­ily for him fell just wide of the goal.

This near chance gave Ark­low United a new en­ergy as they be­gan to push for­ward in search of a route back into the game.

A fan­tas­tic run from for­ward Daniel Kenny led to an op­por­tu­nity to give Dylan Len­non an easy tap in, how­ever Kenny de­cided to shoot him­self putting the ball nar­rowly wide of the goal.

Ark­low United fi­nally found the goal their sec­ond half ef­forts de­served through tricky mid­field player Dylan Len­non in the 42nd minute. Af­ter a mix up in the Cool­boy de­fence, Len­non found him­self on the corner of the box be­fore beat­ing the Cool­boy goal­keeper with a low con­trolled ef­fort into the bot­tom corner.

Daniel Kenny con­tin­ued to look a threat for the Cool­boy de­fence and af­ter some tricky foot­work he found him­self in a few yards of space but couldn’t find the tar­get with his strike as it flew over the bar from dis­tance.

As Ark­low United con­tin­ued to ap­ply pres­sure to the Cool­boy goal it looked as if they were go­ing to be able to close the gap on the visi­tors and find a way back into the game.

How­ever, as the game reached the fi­nal min­utes Cool­boy put the fi­nal nail in the cof­fin as Jamie Scrub found him­self in the Ark­low United penalty box.

Af­ter some tricky feet to avoid the on­com­ing de­fend­ers Scrub fired a low rasp­ing ef­fort into the bot­tom corner of the net.

This ended any chance of an Ark­low United come­back as Cool­boy con­trolled the game to earn all three points in this ex­cit­ing game.

Cool­boy Rangers, who picked up three points against Ark­low United.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Ireland

© PressReader. All rights reserved.