THIS WEEK: GARLIC AND ROSEMARY-SMEARED LAMB CUTLETS
Sometimes you are just looking for something a little extra special for a quick midweek meal. Take note if you are planning on getting a little amorous after supper, with six cloves of garlic, this is definitely not the dish for you!
Garlic and rosemary-smeared lamb cutlets:
* 12 lamb cutlets * 6 cloves of garlic
* 2 large sprigs of rosemary, woody stems removed
* 2 tablespoons of oil * Cracked black pepper
Garlic sautéed potatoes: * A little oil for cooking
* 12-16 baby potatoes, thinly sliced
* 4 cloves of garlic, crushed *red chilli, finely diced
Garlic and herb butter: * 2oz/50g butter, softened * 2 cloves of garlic
* 1 dessertspoon freshly chopped parsley
* For the lamb cutlets, place the garlic, rosemary, oil and black pepper into a food processor and blend until a coarse consistency has been achieved. Place the lamb cutlets into a large bowl, add the garlic and rosemary puree and mix well.
* Heat a large pan with a little oil or butter.
* Cook the lamb chops on both sides, on a medium to high heat for approximately 2-3 minutes and then transfer to the oven until required or until they are cooked to your liking. After approximately 5-6 minutes each side they will be medium. It will take approximately 10-12 minutes for well-done chops.
* Serve the lamb chops on top of the garlic sautéed potatoes.
* For the garlic sautéed potatoes, heat a large wide based pan with a little oil. Add in the thinly-sliced baby potatoes and the crushed garlic and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are
cooked through. Sprinkle with a little chopped parsley before serving.
* For the garlic and herb butter, mix the chopped parsley, crushed garlic and softened butter together.
* Chill until required and then serve generously on top of the lamb.
Edward’s Handy Hints:
· When buying the lamb cutlets, ask your butcher to French trim them from the rack for you.
· Roll any leftover garlic butter in parchment paper and store in the freezer until required.