Enniscorthy Credit Union tips for a stress-free Christmas
ENNISCORTHY Credit Union is encouraging people in the Wexford area to avoid the pressure to splurge this year and to spend cautiously.
If they do need to borrow, Enniscorthy Credit Union is urging them to borrow within their means and to shun high-cost moneylenders.
Enniscorthy Credit Union is also advising people that they should avoid the temptation to become consumed with the December rush, and has put together its five top tips for sensible spending this Christmas:
1. At Christmas the key to spending within your means and avoiding unnecessary stress is to draw up a spending budget specifically for the festive season. Once you have decided on a budget for the household, and set a limit to your seasonal spending, stick to these limits and you will be well on the road to spending within your means.
2. Once you have your Christmas budget prepared, let this guide you’re spending. Make a list of what you need to buy every time you plan on hitting the shops, and don’t allow yourself to buy anything that’s not on this list. This way, you are giving yourself the best chance to avoid over-spending.
3. Do your research before you make a purchase; are the goods you want to buy available at a better price somewhere else? If so, then don’t be afraid to ask for a price match – or at the very least ask for a small discount. At worst you will be turned down – or you could get your goods for the best price on the market!
4. Don’t forget to check out your local shops and stores where there is always a great range of good value and good quality gifts.
5. Consider planning a Secret Santa or Kris Kindle with your family and friends. Not only can this be great fun, but it’s also a fantastic way to save without losing the magic of Christmas.
Enniscorthy Credit Union have Penny Bank Christmas Savings, which is a great way to plan ahead and save for Christmas 2019.
These savings are locked in from January until mid-November and help members put a little aside during the year to help cover the cost of Christmas. If you would like to start one and plan ahead for next year, call in and chat to us about opening one.
McComiskey Coach and Tours for all occasions. Chris O’Kane and Thérèse Furlong of Frontier Veterinary Services, farm, equine and companion animal veterinary services in the south east. Dutch suite at Before & After, Old Dublin Road, Enniscorthy.