The daddy of all gift ideas
With Father’s Day just round the corner, Katie Wright selects the treats that are sure to impress
IT’S Father’s Day on Sunday, the day when we thank our dads for all they’ve done for us.
If your old man is anything like mine, then he’s been — at various times throughout the years — your personal chauffeur, decorator, interest-free loan provider, giver of advice, settler of sibling arguments and secret weapon in pub quizzes.
For all that and beyond, our dads deserve an enormous amount of gratitude, and more than just a card and a hug once a year.
So, why not treat pops to something special from the grooming department to show him how much you care?
Ensure your favourite child status is sealed this Father’s Day, with one of these stylish pressie picks...
1. Clinique For Men Daily Age Repair Skincare Starter Kit, €15, Brown Thomas
This trio of face wash, shaving cream and moisturiser delivers baby-soft skin, but the slate grey aesthetic means even the manliest dad won’t turn his nose up at it.
2. Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Eau de Toilette, €62 for 75ml, Boots
Buy any bottle of Jean Paul Gaultier’s classic Le Male cologne sized 75ml or larger and you’ll also get a nautical-style toiletry bag or backpack for dad.
3. Nuxe Men Travel Set, €13.50, Marks & Spencer
Small but perfectly formed, this trio of shower gel, shaving gel and moisturiser is perfect for frequent flyers.
4. The Real Shaving Co. Barber Set, €16.89, Boots
For the dad who takes his shaving seriously, this retro-style shaving mug, shaving cream and bristle brush will put a smile on his face.
5. Lab Series High Performance Duo, €47.99, Boots
For the man who’s serious about his skincare, this highly effective face wash and moisturiser duo will really float his boat.
6. Jeff Banks textured wash bag, €35, Debenhams
For the gym or a weekend break, this two-tone brown wash bag with handy internal compartments, will get lots of use.
7. Prada L’Homme Eau de Toilette Spray 100ml Gift Set, €43.33, Debenhams
This cool collection includes a fullsize eau de toilette, mini travel spray and shower gel, all scented with the heavenly Prada L’Homme neroli and patchouli blend.
8. L’Occitane Grooming Routine on the Go, €20
With five beautifully fragranced L’Occitane favourites housed in a neat navy kit bag, this set has everything pops needs for a weekend getaway.
9. Bulldog Beard Starter Kit, €16.49, Boots
For the dad who plans to let his stubble grow into a man beard, this starter kit, which comes with a balm, shampoo & conditioner and comb, is bound to impress.
10. ELEMIS Men’s luxury travel skincare gift set, was €63, now €56.70, Debenhams
This luxurious limited edition set comes with five skincare and bathing goodies, and a wash bag designed in collaboration with trendy fashion brand Lily and Lionel.
11. Jimmy Choo Man Blue Eau de Toilette, was €43 now €38.70 for 30mls, Debenhams
The latest addition to the Jimmy Choo fragrance family is fresh and woody with hints of bergamot, black pepper and leather — perfect for your daddy cool.
12. Hugo Boss Minis Gift Set, €32, Boots
Impress him with this designer scent collection: Boss Bottled, Boss The Scent and Hugo Man, all eau de toilette.
SILVER SURFER: Dad may be getting older but he will still appreciate top notch grooming and skincare products.