Top five EU gifts to sport
1. The Euro: enabling even the drunkest fans to work out how much a pint costs in the Latin Quarter of Paris.
2. The European soccer competitions: cast your mind back to Seville, 2003, and 80,000 Celtic fans turning up for the UEFA Cup Final against Porto.
3. The European Cup (rugby version): reinforcing identity and showing people the canals of Toulouse. Formidable!
4. Thanks to the EU Gaelic football is played in Helsinki. Helsinki!
5. The Bosman ruling: keeping the GAA safe for amateurs.