CHRISTMAS PUDDING CHEESECAKE
250g double cream
250g Christmas Pudding, homemade or shop-bought 4g gelatin
375g cream cheese
50g icing sugar
Forthe speculoo biscuits
150g brown sugar
¾ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground cloves
1. Put the cream and Christmas pudding (roughly chopped) in a pot and bring to the boil.
2. Soak the gelatin leaves in cold water until they are soft and jelly-like. 3. Add the bloomed gelatin to the warm cream once the Christmas pudding has mostly broken down.
4. Whisk together the cream cheese and icing sugar. Combine all ingredients and gently whisk to ensure an even mixture.
5. At this point you can transfer your mix into silicone moulds, or go the more traditional route of making one large cheesecake with a biscuit base. If using moulds put the cheesecake into the freezer while you make the speculoos biscuits for the base.
For the speculoo biscuit base
1. Cream the butter and sugar together.
2. Add all other ingredients, combine to make a dough. Once you have made a dough, clingfilm it and place it in the fridge for at least half an hour.
3. Roll out your chilled dough and cut shapes suited to your mould.
4. Bake at 170ºC for 10 minutes.
To combine the elements, remove the cheesecake from the freezer and, while still frozen, take from the mould and place on the cooled biscuit. It is important the biscuit is cold as it will melt the cheesecake otherwise.