1. During which Crimean War Battle did the Charge of the Light Brigade take place? A. Sevastopol, B. Balaclava, C. Inkerman, D. Alma.
2. In which field of study was Jeremy Bentham trained?
A. Law, B. Literature, C. Mathematics, D. Chemistry.
3. What is the best selling single of all time?
A. Bing Crosby’s I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas, B. Meat Loaf- Bat out of Hell, C. Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody,
D. Elton John’s Candle in the Wind ‘97.
4. What is the name of the giant American actor who played ‘Jaws’ in two Bond movies?
A. Richard Prior, B. Richard Burton, C. Richard Kiel, D. Richard Wallace.
5. What was the name of Leslie Neilson’s clumsy cop charcater in the Naked Gun films?
A. Frank Drebin, B. Ed Hocken,
C. John McClane, D. Axel Foley.
6. Which English Restoration dramatist wrote The Man of Mode?
A. Sir James Ether, B. Sir Randall Mode, C. Sir William Ether, D. Sir George Etherege.
7. Which poet is buried in a country churchyard in Stoke Poges?
A. Thomas Gray, B. Sir John Betjemen, C. Sylvia Plath, D. Lord Tennyson.
8. Who wrote the novel Fair Stood the Wind for France?
A. HE Bates, B. Jane Austen,
C. William Thackeray, D. WH Auden.
SOLUTIONS TO LAST WEEK’S PUB QUIZ: 1. B; 2. B; 3. D; 4. A; 5. D; 6. B; 7. B; 8. A.