Have I got fake news for you
1. One of these news stories is fake. Which one?
(a) A “lost” Picasso found in a forest turned out to have been a fake planted there as part of a theatrical production about art forgery.
(b) A German teenager was banned from driving – 49 minutes after getting his driver’s licence.
(c) Lecturers at a university have been told not to use capital letters for fear of scaring the students.
(d) Donald Trump has ordered troops into the remote island of Sentinel after a spear-wielding tribe killed an American tourist.
2. Which of these terms appeared most often on irishtimes.com last week?
(a) Martin O’Neill
(c) Saudi Arabia
4. One of these figures is off the mark. Which one?
(a) Half of boys aged eight are playing over-18 video games.
(b) Irish people would have to pay ¤1,500 a year carbon tax in order for Ireland to meet its emissions targets.
(c) Parents of newborns will be able to take 14 weeks paid parental leave from 2021.
(d) 200 students in Belfast staged a walkout over Theresa May’s draft Brexit deal.
5. Fill in this headline:
Surge in _____ after Brexit vote
(a) Racist tweets.
(b) Antidepressant prescriptions.
(c) Alcohol sales.
(d) Sales of Union Jacks.
6. After the success of Bohemian Rhapsody, Elton John is getting the biopic treatment in new movie Rocketman. Who is donning the giant shades and feather boa?
(a) Taron Egerton
(b) Tom Hardy
(c) Eddie Redmayne
(d) Benedict Cumberbatch
7. Brexiteer Michael Gove took a quiz to find out who was his Game of Thrones “soulmate”. Which character do you think it was?
(a) Joffrey Baratheon
(b) Jon Snow
(c) Petyr Baelish
(d) Tyrion Lannister
8. Damon Albarn’s band The Good, The Bad & The Queen have released a “Brexit-themed album”. What’s it called?
(a) Olde Country
(b) Septic Isle
(c) Merrie Land
(d) Albion the Next Plane Outta Here
9. Irish people do what an average of 55 times a day, according to a survey?
(a) Think about sex.
(b) Look at their smartphone.
(c) Look at themselves in the mirror.
(d) Give out about Donald Trump.
10. The Expat City Ranking 2018 has placed Dublin as the worst city to find what?
(a) Cheap drink.
(c) Affordable housing.
(d) Parking spaces.
3. Who is this?