Have I got fake news for you
1. One of these news stories is fake. Which one?
(a) A nine-year-old boy has convinced the leaders of a small town to overturn a century-old ban on snowball fights
(b) A hotel chain is offering a “selfie service”, in which Instagram celebrities take photos of guests’ holidays and post them on social media
(c) Nigeria’s president has denied he is dead and been replaced by an imposter
(d)A group has called for Christmas pop songs to be banned because they set up unreasonable expectations of snow, domestic harmony and peace on Earth
2. Which of these terms appeared most often on irishtimes.com?
(a) Abortion Bill (b) Legal advice (c) Christmas lights (d) Feeder schools
4. One of these figures is off the mark. Which one?
(a) Ireland imported 14,000 tonnes of British potatoes last year
(b) Brexit will affect ¤19m worth of imports from the UK, according to the CSO
(c) The Department of Education spent ¤1.8m posting paper payslips in 2017
(d) The FAI has been allocated just 300 tickets to Ireland’s first Euro 2020 qualifying match next March
5. Fill in this headline: ---- driven round the U-bend
(a) Plumbers (b) Washroom attendants (c) Environmentalists (d) Superbugs
6. Who sang Silent Night to former US president George HW Bush on his deathbed?
(a) Michael Bublé (b) Ronan Tynan (c) Dame Kiri Te Kanawa (d) Ozzy Osbourne
7. Police were called after whose German shepherd dog was alleged to have attacked a flock of sheep and killed a pregnant ewe?
(a) Claudia Schiffer (b) Kanye West (c) Ryan Gosling (d) Serena Williams
8. What was Taoiseach Leo Varadkar accused of doing at a Kylie Minogue concert on Monday night?
(a) The Locomotion (b) Getting a free meal and not tipping the 3Arena wait staff
(c) Using the Government jet to fly his friends in for the gig
(d) Singing loudly along to Kylie’s hits and annoying other concertgoers
9. What are the French anti-fuel tax protesters known as?
(a) Red army (b) Blue brigade (c) Yellow vests (d) Yellow bellies
10. Which artist was top of the Spotify charts in Ireland in 2018?
(a) Post Malone (b) Dua Lipa (c) Drake (d) Anne-Marie
3. Who is this?