Have I got fake news for you
1. One of these news stories is fake. Which one?
(a) A German town has set up Elvis-themed pedestrian lights
(b) Pedestrians in a small town in Germany encountered a chocolate-covered street after a spillage at a nearby sweet factory
(c) The Italian government is to plead with teachers not to give their pupils excessive homework over Christmas
(d) Coronation Street and EastEnders will air Brexit-themed episodes on Christmas Day, with characters bickering over the UK’s departure from the EU
2. Which of these terms appeared most often on irishtimes.com?
(a) Confidence vote
(c) National Maternity Hospital
(d) Confidence and supply
3. Who is this? 4. One of these figures is off the mark. Which one?
(a) The richest 10 per cent cause one-third of lifestyle carbon emissions
(b) Irish economic growth could be almost halved by a hard Brexit, according to ESRI
(c) Public sector pensions are worth 80 per cent more than those in private sector
(d) Fossil fuel accounted for 90 per cent of energy usage in Ireland in 2107, according to SEAI
5. Fill in this headline:
Christmas shoppers face --- this weekend
(a) Huge queues
(b) Major toy shortages
(c) Severe wind and rain
(d) Massive price hikes
6. Ireland has been ranked worst country in the EU for what?
(a) Climate action
(b) Language skills
(d) Health services
7. Which is the most streamed 20thcentury song?
(a) Smells Like Teen Spirit
(b) Sweet Child O’Mine
(c) Bohemian Rhapsody
8. Cher has announced her first gigs in 15 years, with a date at the 3Arena. Her 1999 song Believe is credited with kicking off what technological innovation?
(c) Immersive video
(d) Lossless compression
9. A video mocking Theresa May’s Brexit deal featured May as which iconic fictional character?
(a) Darth Vader
(c) Freddie Krueger
(d) Mr Bean
10. Who was the most-googled person in the UK in 2018 (don’t google it, now!)
(a) Ant McPartlin
(b) Roxanne Pallet
(c) Meghan Markle
(d) Demi Lovato