Still no sum­monses for Healy-Raes

The Kerryman (North Kerry) - - NEWS - By SINEAD KELLE­HER

KIL­LAR­NEY so­lic­i­tor, Padraig O’Connell has con­firmed that sum­monses have still not been served on the two sons of TD Michael Healy Rae, who are fac­ing charges of as­sault caus­ing harm aris­ing from an in­ci­dent in Ken­mare on St Stephen’s night, 2017.

It emerged last week that three de­fen­dants – two of Michael Healy-Rae’s sons, Jackie and Kevin Healy-Rae, of Sandy­mount, Kil­gar­van; and a third ac­cused, Malachy Scan­nell of Inchi­na­coosh, Kil­gar­van – are all fac­ing charges of as­sault caus­ing harm and other charges aris­ing out of the in­ci­dent which took place in East Park Lane and Main Street, Ken­mare on De­cem­ber 27, 2017.

A date of April 4 is ex­pected for the case, but Mr O’Connell said this week that no sum­monses have yet be­ing served on his clients. He is rep­re­sent­ing all three men.

“I can cat­e­gor­i­cally state that sum­monses have not been served on any of my three clients,” he said on Tues­day.

Jackie Healy-Rae Jnr, who is one of the ac­cused, also said that sum­monses have not been served on him.

“I have had noth­ing to say that I will be in court,” he said.

Jackie Healy-Rae has put his name for­ward for the local elec­tions and is run­ning in the Castleis­land Elec­toral Area and is cur­rently out can­vass­ing. He has worked as a par­lia­men­tary as­sis­tant for his fa­ther, Deputy Micheal Healy-Rae.

Kevin and Jack­ieJnr pic­tured at the 2016 count with their fa­ther, Michael Healy-Rae. Photo Dom­nick Walsh

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Ireland

© PressReader. All rights reserved.