1. Who wrote The Old Curiosity Shop? A. William Thackeray, B. George Orwell, C. Charles Dickens, D. Elizabeth Gaskell.
2. Which Australian group had a number one single in 1983 with Down Under? A. Truly Madly Deeply, B. Inxs,
C. Jason Donovan with Kylie Minogue, D. Men at Work.
3. In which year was the first walk in space?
A. 1960, B. 1965, C. 1968, D. 1957.
4. What is the common name for animals of the family Felidae?
A. Dogs, B. Rodents, C. Cats, D. Birds.
5. Which Australian city do the band AC/ DC hail from? A. Melbourne, B. Perth, C. Brisbane, D. Sydney.
6. Which Italian nun who founded a religious order was proclaimed patron saint of television in 1958?
A. St Mary of Assisi, B. St Josephine of Assisi, C. St Clare of Assisi,
D. St Francis of Assisi.
7. Who founded Singapore in 1819? A. James Cook, B. Thomas Stamford Raffles, C. Christopher Colombus, D. Henry James-Wallace.
8. In botany what name is given to the process whereby the embryonic plant in a seed starts to produce roots and shoots?
A. Demegration, B. Germination, C. Implication, D. Fermentation.