1. What sort of creature is a cockatiel? A. A fish, B. A monkey, C. A bird,
D. A lizard.
2. Which animal has red, grey and Arctic varieties?
A. Owl, B. Wolf, C. Fox, D. Cat.
3. In which South African township were over 60 demonstrators killed by the police in 1960?
A. Peterloo, B. Bakerville, C. Sharpeville, D. Shoretown.
4. Which sultan of Egypt and Syria noted for his chivalry provoked the Third Crusade by his capture of Jerusalem? A. Abdullah, B. Mohamed, C. Ali, D. Saladin.
5. Which British dramatist wrote Rookery Nook and Plunder?
A. Ben Travers, B. Ben Smith, C. Ben Rolton, D. Ben Geer.
6. In what year did the Second World War begin?
A. 1939, B. 1945, C. 1940, D. 1937.
7. Who starred as the Minister in Yes Minister?
A. Paul Smith, B. Paul Eddington, C. Paul Henry, D. Paul Tissington.
8. What is the nickname of Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No 3 in D?
A. The 3D Symphony, B. Polish Symphony, C. The Rock Symphony, D. The BitterSweet Symphony.
SOLUTIONS TO LAST WEEK’S PUB QUIZ: 1. A; 2. A; 3. A; 4. C; 5. B; 6. A; 7. A; 8. A.