Fire broke out in garage

Wicklow People - - NEWS -

THE THIRD FIRE in the past week in Bray broke out on Mon­day night on Galtrim Road.

The blaze was in the garage of a pri­vate house and quickly ex­tin­guished by fire fight­ers. There were no in­juries in the fire, which oc­curred at around 8 p.m. and was at­tended by Bray Fire Ser­vice. The fire did not spread to the house.

This was the night af­ter a fire had gut­ted the premises of Peter’s Pizza on the Main Street in Bray, and just days af­ter a three-storey Main Street build­ing was burned out. Chief Fire Of­fi­cer Ai­den Dempsey said that this was purely coin­ci­den­tal and they are not sus­pi­cious re­gard­ing any of these fires.

He said that as the emer­gency ser­vices were alerted early in the fire’s de­vel­op­ment, fire fight­ers were able to con­tain the fire to the room in which it started. Con­versely, the fire at the Floren­tine was well de­vel­oped by the time they were alerted and could be con­tained to the build­ing.

Peter’s Pizza pro­pri­etor Petru De­meni and his wife Mon­ica were alerted to the fire at around 5 a.m. on Mon­day.

Fire fight­ers used breath­ing ap­pa­ra­tus to fight the fire on the Main Street, due to the build­ing be­ing heav­ily smoke-logged.

Mr De­menu said that while the pizze­ria will be closed for ren­o­va­tion, he is look­ing for­ward to re­build­ing and re-open­ing as soon as pos­si­ble.

The Main Street was once again closed on Mon­day morn­ing due to the Peter’s Pizza fire, re­open­ing within two hours.

It is un­der­stood that the fire was caused by an elec­tri­cal fault in­volv­ing a freezer.

Peter and Mon­ica have been res­i­dents of Ire­land since 1997, start­ing the pizza es­tab­lish­ment in 2003 un­der the Miz­zoni fran­chise, be­fore re­brand­ing in 2017.

Fire­men at Peter’s.

Emer­gency ser­vices at the scene on Galtrim Road.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Ireland

© PressReader. All rights reserved.