CHUR­CH OF SAINT BLAI­SE

Avion Tourism Airport Magazine - - Destinations -

The beau­ti­ful Chur­ch of Saint Blai­se is found on the si­te of a four­teen­th­cen­tu­ry Ro­ma­ne­sque chur­ch and was built in Ba­ro­que- Ve­ne­tian sty­le by the Ve­ne­tian ar­chi­tect Ma­ri­no Grop­pel­li on a com­mis­sion from the Se­na­te of Du­bro­v­nik. The chur­ch is de­di­ca­ted to Saint Blai­se, the saint pro­tec­tor of the ci­ty, be­cau­se, in 1706, af­ter the chur­ch was com­ple­te­ly de­stroyed by fi­re, the on­ly item to emer­ge mi­ra­cu­lou­sly in­tact from the ashes was a sil­ver sta­tue of the saint.

Newspapers in Italian

Newspapers from Italy

© PressReader. All rights reserved.