Pe­te­rho f Pa­la­ce

Avion Tourism Airport Magazine - - Destinations -

Pe­te­rhof is a park- pa­la­ce wi­th a mu­seum com­plex whi­ch fea­tu­res, gar­dens and foun­tains. In the pa­st it was a for­mer re­si­den­ce of the Rus­sian mo­nar­chs, crea­ted by ar­chi­tec­ts, de­co­ra­tors and sculp­tors. Pe­ter the Great de­si­gned Pe­te­rhof as a re­si­den­ce on the Gulf of Fin­land sea, as an at­tempt to com­pe­te wi­th Ver­sail­les, and as a trium­phal sym­bol of the suc­ces­sful con­clu­sion of Rus­sia’s strug­gle for an ou­tlet on the Bal­tic Sea. Ope­ned in 1723 it was de­stroyed du­ring the Se­cond World War and then re­built.

Newspapers in Italian

Newspapers from Italy

© PressReader. All rights reserved.