ISAAC ASIMOV’S SUPER QUIZ
Take this Super Quiz to a PhD. Score one point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, two points on the Graduate Level and three points on the PhD Level.
What kind of house is it? Each answer is of the form ‘____ House.’ (e.g., An outbuilding in which a carriage is or was kept. Answer: Coach house.)
1. House providing food and lodging for paying guests.
2. A poker hand of three of a kind and a pair.
3. Where you might hear Aida.
4. A cheap restaurant.
5. A place outside a prison to help a convict adjust to the outside world.
6. A house up for sale and open for public viewing.
7. A secure location for hiding witnesses perceived to be in danger.
8. The House of Commons, for example.
9. An office where banks exchange cheques and settle accounts.
ANSWERS FOR THURSDAY, MAY 17:
1. Queen. 2. Gene Autry. 3. Rocky Marciano. 4. Spark plugs or sportswear. 5. Bobby Fischer.
6. Goliath. 7. Sumo wrestling.
8. Roald Dahl. 9. Kirk Douglas.
18 points – congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points – honours graduate; 10 to 14 points – you’re plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points – you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points – enrol in remedial courses immediately; 0 points – who reads the questions to you?