8 attack suspects’ cases to be merged
The eighth suspect charged with the attack on city businessman Timothy Muriuki yesterday appeared before Senior Principal Magistrate Martha Mutuku at the Milimani Law Courts.
The investigating officer said Mr Hussein Suleiman (right) is the last suspect to be charged in relation to the incident.
State prosecutor Pamela Avedi said the case against Mr Suleiman will be consolidated with those of three others, who are out on Sh200,000 cash bail each.
Ms Avedi said a single charge sheet will be prepared for all the eight suspects linked with the attack on Mr Muriuki on April 30, 2018, at the Hotel Boulevard, Nairobi.
Defence lawyer Cliff Ombeta urged themagistrate to direct the prosecution to make available to him all the witnesses’ statements and exhibits to enable him to prepare his defence.
Ms Mutuku directed the suspect to deposit a cash bail of Sh200,000 until May 23 when his case will be consolidated with another in which East African MP Simon Mbugua has been charged with the same attack alongside others.
The eight so far charged are Mr Mbugua, Mr Suleiman, Mr Dishon Peter Mulinge, Mr Ronald Onyango Otieno, Mr Michael Mbanya Wathigo, Mr Brian Shem Owino, Mr Antony Otieno Ombok alias Jamal and Mr Benjamin Odhiambo Onyango alias Odhis.