Interior Ministry issues instructions to follow during heavy rain and flooding
KUWAIT: The interior ministry’s relations and security information department said citizens and expatriates should follow the instructions below under the current circumstances:
• Follow the news when there are warnings about flooding.
• Be cautious and do not ignore warnings and instructions.
• Helping others should not constitute a danger to you or those you are helping.
• If there is heavy flooding with the possibility of reaching inside the home, move your belongings to the upper floors, provided you have time, and cut the power.
• Do not attempt to move or touch fallen objects or wires.
• Do not use radios or mobile phones in open areas.
• Inform the civil defense department on 1804000 in case of any danger.
• Do not go to a place where water has gathered, because you may obstruct rescuers and emergency work.
• Do not use wet electric appliances until you are sure they are dry and safe to use.
• If you are driving, stay away from low-lying areas.
• Leave the vehicle if it encounters any problem during flooding.
KUWAIT: The Mangaf tunnel completely submerged with rain as seen yesterday morning. — Photos by Joseph Shagra and Yasser Al-Zayyat
Heavily damaged vehicles in Fahaheel.