1. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor. 5. Walk or tramp about.
12. Being five more than one hundred fifty. 15. An investment trust that owns and manages a pool of commercial properties and mortgages and other real estate asssets.
16. To the degree or extent.
17. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
18. A sudden short attack.
20. A kind of danceable music popular
among black South Africans.
21. A river in north central Switzerland that
runs northeast into the Rhine.
22. (British) A copse that shelters game.
24. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
26. Any of several plants of the genus
28. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
30. Walk consisting of a paved area for
33. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
37. (informal) Of the highest quality.
38. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
39. (Greek mythology) A maiden who was first a sculpture created by Pygmalion and was brought to life by Aphrodite in answer to Pygmalion's prayers.
41. A statement that expresses a personal
opinion or belief.
43. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali
45. Of an instrument of certain death.
46. (medicine) Having or experiencing a
rapid onset and short but severe course. 48. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
49. The local environment.
50. The elementary stages of any subject
51. Noisy quarrel.
54. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with
a heavier blade.
56. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
57. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
58. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of
the alkali metal group.
59. Top part of an apron.
61. A formal association of people with similar interests.
63. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man. 67. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in
the Dali region of Yunnan.
70. A region of central Europe rich in
deposits of coal and iron ore.
73. Disparaging terms for the common people.
75. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar. 76. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
77. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
78. (British) Liable to payment of rates or
81. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular
into linear motion.
82. The cry made by sheep.
83. A short speech (often in verse) addressed directly to the audience by an actor at the end of a play.
84. A loose sleeveless outer garment made
from aba cloth. 1. Weapons considered collectively.
2. A light springing movement upwards or
3. Little known Kamarupan languages. 4. Standing posture.
5. Indicator consisting of a line at the highwater or low-water limits of the tides.
6. A radioactive gaseous element formed by
the disintegration of radium.
7. Inquire about.
8. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in Iowa and Minnesota and Missouri.
9. 100 pfennigs equal 1 Deutsche Mark.
10. Spicy sauce of tomatoes and onions and chili peppers to accompany Mexican foods.
11. A period marked by distinctive character
or reckoned from a fixed point or event. 12. Wearing or provided with clothing.
13. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
14. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
19. Without forethought or plan.
23. River in eastern Asia.
25. Enthusiastic approval.
27. A vehicle resembling a bicycle but having
skis instead of wheels.
29. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders). 31. A mass of ice and snow that permanently covers a large area of land (e.g., the polar regions or a mountain peak).
32. Affectedly modest or shy especially in a
playful or provocative way.
34. Essential oil or perfume obtained from
35. 40th President of the United States (1911
36. A constitutional monarchy in southeastern Asia on Borneo and the Malay Peninsula.
40. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising
solely the razorbill.
42. Earnest and conscientious activity
intended to do or accomplish something. 44. United States writer (born in Poland) who
wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
47. A member of an American Indian peoples of NE South America and the Lesser Antilles.
52. (trademark) A light plastic disk about 10
inches in diameter.
53. A boy or man.
55. The blood group whose red cells carry
both the A and B antigens.
60. Glazed yeast-raised doughnut-shaped
roll with hard crust.
62. The capital and largest city of
64. An informal term for a father.
65. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
66. A river in north central Switzerland that
runs northeast into the Rhine.
68. The United Nations agency concerned
with civil aviation.
69. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
71. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
72. God of love and erotic desire.
74. A conspicuous disparity or difference as
between two figures.
79. A light strong gray lustrous corrosionresistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts). 80. A trivalent metallic element of the rare