MOUNEH MAKING TIPS
• Never store your mouneh in plastic containers. Always use glass, especially if you’re making something hot like jam.
• Make sure your containers are sterile. To sterilize your jars, boil them upside down and leave them to dry out in the sun. Make sure not to touch the inside after you boil them. Back in the day, jars were covered at the top with wax before they were closed to keep the food completely airtight.
• Always store your mouneh away from the sunlight.
• After you open it for the first time, a jar typically lasts 15 days at room temperature and around three months in the fridge.
• When it comes to oil-packed mouneh, make sure whatever is stored inside is completely submerged in olive oil at all times.
• If the oil level goes down after taking a few pieces of the product and exposes the product to air, simply fill the container with more olive oil.