IN FULL BLOOM
Blossom with our guide to wearing floral prints.
Returning in miniature form this season, the print is a mood-brightening antidote to an autumnal colour palette. With these dos and don’ts to help you navigate the flower garden, you’ll be able to pick blossoms that suit your personal style.
• Match the color to one of those contained in your flower print or go for a neutral palette when it comes to your bottoms.
• To avoid looking like wallpaper, break the flow with denim.
• Shake things up by pairing different shapes and shades – with at least one common colour to tie them together.
• Avoid super-conservative pieces, like a knee-length pencil dress, as they’ll add bulk to your figure.
• Try not to pick shoes that are cut from the same fabric as your outfit. Repeating the same print throughout will seem messy rather than coordinated.