With Hotcakes Jam-filled Pears Poached Honey
Serves: 2 to 3 Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 30 minute
Hotcake batter • 2 eggs • 30g caster sugar • 220ml milk • 1 tbsp vanilla extract • 200g plain flour • 2 tsp baking powder • 1 tbsp oil • Choice of Alce Nero Organic Strawberry, Plum, Peach, or Mixed Berries Jam, to serve Poached pears
• 2 packham pears, peeled and cored • 600ml water • 60g Alce Nero Organic Acacia Honey • 120g granulated sugar • 1 orange, peel only • 1 small cinnamon stick • Whipped cream, to serve
Method 1. Pour water, Alce Nero Organic Acacia
Honey, sugar, orange peel, and cinnamon into a small pot. Bring to a slow simmer till sugar dissolves.
2. Add in pears and slow-cook for 30 minutes or less, depending on the texture preferred.
3. Whisk eggs, sugar, and milk until foamy and the mixture triples in volume. Then, add in vanilla extract and continue to whisk for another minute.
4. Sift in flour and baking powder. Lightly fold in until smooth, then add on oil. Mix well and let batter rest for 30 minutes.
5. Heat pan and grease with oil (wipe off the excess oil with a kitchen towel). Scoop a ladleful of batter into the pan, then spoon 1 tablespoon of jam over the top and cover it with a thin layer of batter.
6. Once it starts to bubble, flip the hotcake. Cook till lightly brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
7. Serve hotcakes with sliced poached pears, whipped cream, and a drizzle of Alce Nero Organic Acacia Honey. You also have a choice of Alce Nero Organic Strawberry, Plum, Peach, or Mixed Berries Jam.