5 eco-friendly ways to do laundry
• You can save around 40 per cent energy per wash by lowering the washing temperature to 30 degrees Celsius.
• Do laundry only when you have a full load.
• Choose natural detergents that are free of chlorine bleach, synthetic fragrance and optical brighteners.
• Instead of using the dryer, hang your clothes on a clothesline in order to save electricity.
• Upgrade your old (or broken) washing machine to one that offers better efficiency.
“CONSERVATION IS A STATE OF HARMONY BETWEEN MEN AND LAND.” ALDO LEOPOLD