DATES WITH BACON AND ALMOND
• 15 Medjool pitted dates
• 15 Marcona almonds
• 5 rashers bacon, cut into thirds
1. Preheat the oven to 205˚C. Line a sheet tray with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. 2. Make an incision on one side of each date and insert an almond. Squeeze the date shut in your hand to secure.
3. Wrap each date with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
4. Place all dates on prepared sheet tray. Roast in oven until the bacon is starting to crisp, about
5 – 6 minutes. Turn the dates over and cook for an additional 5 – 6 minutes.
5. Serve hot, with lime wedges as garnish.