A Daz­zling Dif­fer­ence

Malaysia Tatler Wedding - - CONTENTS -

Find out why Tif­fany & Co pieces are such cov­eted items

A bride-to-be once told Kath­lyn D’Souza that all she wanted was that tiny, won­der­ful blue box, hous­ing the most re­mark­able ring. Why does Tif­fany & Co re­main the first choice in the minds of dis­cern­ing brides? She ex­plores the qual­i­ties that make the Tif­fany Dif­fer­ence 1 STRIN­GENT STAN­DARDS

99.96 per cent of the world’s gem-grade di­a­monds are re­jected —as aus­tere mea­sures are taken to en­sure that noth­ing short of ex­cep­tional is ac­cepted by the brand. That leaves only 0.04 per cent of truly the most out­stand­ing stones, wor­thy of mak­ing it onto your fin­ger.

2 HOT HANDS

The id­iom ‘hot hands’ fits Tif­fany & Co well, as it means a con­tin­u­ous pe­riod of great suc­cess, luck, for­tune—a win­ning streak. On the other hand (pun in­tended), all Tif­fany & Co di­a­monds plus rings are hand­crafted, hand-cut and hand-pol­ished. Au­then­tic­ity at its best, in­deed.

3 OF­FI­CIAL OR­DERS

Not only will you pur­chase the most bril­liant, stun­ning and authen­tic ring, you will have pa­pers to cer­tify it. You’ll also be walk­ing away with a Tif­fany & Co di­a­mond cer­tifi­cate and a life­time war­ranty.

4 EX­PE­RI­ENCE THROUGH THE ERAS

Tif­fany & Co has been around for more than 150 years (and count­ing)! Prov­ing the com­pany is do­ing right and has the ex­pe­ri­ence which you can def­i­nitely put your faith in whole­heart­edly.

5 “THE KING OF DI­A­MONDS”

When its founder was dubbed as such by the press, you can guar­an­tee the brand de­liv­ers ex­tra­or­di­nary qual­ity. Charles Lewis Tif­fany ar­rived in New York in 1837 and opened his first store, at the age of 25. His bold ap­proach to crafts­man­ship made him the con­nois­seur of the world’s finest gem­stones.

6 BEYOND THE CS

Ev­ery other di­a­mond has the same 4Cs that they of­fer: cut, clar­ity, colour, carat weight. As ex­pected of Tif­fany & Co to out­shine the rest, they bring in an ex­tra qual­ity called ‘pres­ence’. An ad­di­tional grad­ing stan­dard unique to Tif­fany, it refers to their su­pe­rior pre­ci­sion of cut, sym­me­try and pol­ish.

“From across a crowded room, you can al­ways see a Tif­fany di­a­mond en­gage­ment ring, no mat­ter what size it is. Tif­fany di­a­monds have a bril­liant scin­til­la­tion and sparkle like no other” —Melvyn Kirt­ley, chief gemol­o­gist and vice pres­i­dent of global cat­e­gory mar­ket­ing for Tif­fany & Co

7 CUT­TING-EDGE CRAFT­ING

Di­a­mond cut­ters and pol­ish­ers Bhag­wati and Manek Pa­tel work to­gether with mas­ter stone-set­ter To­masz Dzi­wura to re­veal the di­a­mond’s nat­u­ral beauty. Ex­e­cuted with ex­act­ing pro­por­tions, a su­pe­rior and strik­ing di­a­mond is re­vealed.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Malaysia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.