113 SETTLERS FILE SUIT AGAINST SELANGOR GOVT OVER IJOK LAND DEAL
They also name five others in suit for neglecting to restructure consent judgment
THE Ijok land issue saw a new development yesterday after 113 settlers under Phase 2 and 3 of the Selangor government’s Green Revolution Plan filed a suit.
Their suit is against Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Azmin Ali and five others for neglecting to restructure the consent judgment involving the Bukit Cerakah land recorded at the Federal Court.
The settlers, led by Mohd Fadzil Ibrahim, also named the state government, Menteri Besar Incorporated (MBI), the Selangor Land and Mines director, the Kuala Selangor district land administrator and the Selangor Registrar of Titles as defendants.
The suit was filed through legal firm Messrs Kamarudin & Partners at the Shah Alam Court Complex here, Bernama reported.
In the statement of claim, the plaintiffs said, among others, they did not agree and were not informed on the contents and terms of a consent order between the Selangor government and three developers— Mujur Zaman Sdn Bhd (MZSB), Liputan Canggih Sdn Bhd (LCSB) and LBCN Development Sdn Bhd — that was recorded by the Federal Court in 2016.
They claimed that under the consent order, Azmin and the Selangor government had allowed MZSB and LCSB to hold on to the 800ha land that was stated in three sales and purchase agreements signed between the two companies and Paragon Pinnacle Sdn Bhd.
Through the three agreements, dated Sept 22, 2015, MZSB and LCSB sold the land, located in Mukim Ijok, to Paragon Pinnacle for RM943,791,639.
The plaintiffs said the consent order did not cover the remaining 400ha of the 1,200ha land in Bukit Cerakah, which was given by the previous Barisan Nasional state government to them and 987 other settlers under Phase 2 and 3 of the Bukit Cerakah Green Revolution Plan in 1998.
They said the state government had transferred the remaining 400ha, without consideration, to MBI and the information was contained in the MBI records and the state Registrar of Titles.
The plaintiffs are claiming their rights on the remaining 400ha land in Bukit Cerakah that is being held by MBI on grounds that the agreement they signed with MZSB and LCSB in 2000 was only for the two companies to develop the land.
The plaintiffs claimed that Azmin, together with the state government and MBI, had committed “tort misfeasance” by acquiring the 400ha site of the total land size in Bukit Cerakah without paying compensation to the plaintiffs.
The plaintiffs are seeking a court order to compel the state government and MBI to declare that they and other settlers of Phase 2 and 3 of the Bukit Cerakah Green Revolution have rights over the 400ha site, which had been registered under MBI and a declaration that state government and MBI were just the trustees. They are also seeking an order to prevent the state government and MBI from having any dealing with the land, interests and damages of RM230,000 for each plaintiff over the delay in handing over the double-storey terrace houses, as well as other relief deemed fit by the court.
In Kuching, it was reported that the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has conducted forensic audit on five companies’ accounts related to the Ijok land deal, involving a 880ha plot of land.
MACC Deputy Chief Commissioner (operations) Datuk Seri Azam Baki said the agency was identifying suspicious transactions made in the accounts.
He said individuals involved directly with the companies, including the directors and accountants, had been called to give their statements.
“Although there has been no arrest thus far, we are still investigating and going through the documents seized. Our investigating officers need more time to study the documents as it involves legal issues as well as the court’s decisions,” he said after the hand-over-of-duties ceremony of Sarawak MACC acting director Zulhairy Zaidel to Razim Mohd Noor, as the state director.