MUKHRIZ MINISTER TALK DENIED
Kedah govt denies message that MB will take over home minister’s post
THE Kedah government yesterday denied a message that has gone viral on social media that Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mukhriz Mahathir will take over from Home Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, who has been diagnosed with cancer.
State Youth and Sports, Tourism, Culture and Entrepreneurial Development Committee chairman Mohd Asmirul Anuar Aris said the state government led by Mukhriz was functioning as usual without any problems.
“It is all just a rumour... this has happened before and is normal in politics, but so far, there are no changes in the state government administration.
“What is important is that the present menteri besar (Mukhriz) is with the state government and his father Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad is with the Federal Government, so that makes it easy to do (development) work in the state,” he said at the state-level National Sports Day 2018 here yesterday.
Meanwhile, menteri besar press officer Mohd Fisol Jaafar said the message, which went viral on Thursday, was slanderous, false and mischievous.
“The message is false and slanderous. Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) has issued a statement and denied claims on its official Facebook account, with a photo with the word
“Fitnah” (slander), Mohd Fisol said.
According to the message, Sungai Petani member of parliament and Gurun assemblyman Datuk Johari Abdul would take over from Mukhriz as menteri besar of Kedah and that Muhyiddin will relinquish his post for health reasons.
Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin