Grilled Salmon With Peppered Strawberries & Tomato, Corn & Watermelon Salad
Start to finish: 25 minutes
1 red chili, seeded and very thinly sliced
470g cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
2 ears corn, shucked
115g skinless salmon fillets
4 cups watermelon chunks (about 1 pound)
2 tablespoons plus
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 strawberries, hulled and very thinly sliced
1. Heat a grill to medium-high.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the red chile, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar, and a pinch each of salt and pepper; set aside.
3. Grill the corn and salmon, turning once, until the corn is blackened in spots and the salmon is just cooked through, about 12 minutes. Transfer both to a cutting board.
4. Cut the kernels off the corncobs and add to the bowl with the chile, along with the watermelon, 2 tablespoons oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Gently fold to evenly coat, then divide among serving plates and place salmon fillets on top.
5. Gently toss the strawberries with the remaining teaspoon each of sherry vinegar and oil and a pinch of pepper; arrange over the salmon. Scatter any remaining strawberries over the salad. Grind pepper over everything and serve.