Keto for beginners
The ketogenic diet (keto for short) is a low-carb, high-fat diet that is said to have many health benefits. “Start off simple. Eat real food, cooked with minimal ingredients,” advises Hani. Note from the editor: You should consult a physician before starting on this, or any other diet.
Hani’s Keto Chapatti Ingredients:
• 1 cup flaxseed meal
• 1 cup almond flour
• ½ cup chia seeds
• 2 tbsp psyllium husks
• 2 tbsp pure ghee
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
• 1 cup hot water
1. Combine all dry ingredients with ghee and rub into crumbs.
2. Add hot water and mix well into a dough (no kneading required).
3. Let the dough rest for a few minutes before rolling into flat circles.
4. Cook on both sides over medium heat on a flat pan.
Hani’s top 5 keto-friendly ingredients:
• Coconut cooking oil
• Real meat (not processed meat!)
• Lots of veggies
• Pink Himalayan salt