Choose the correct idioms
1. Alan (complained loudly) to the management over his meagre bonus. a) make an exception b) make arrangements c) made a stink
2. The bank’s CEO sacked James (to show others in order that they understand that they should not do the same) to the senior staff. a) to make fun of him b) to make an example of him c) make mischief of him
3. You won’t get rich as a farmer, but you’ll certainly (earn enough money to pay the bills). a) make ends meet b) make an exception c) make a stink
4. The bank clerks (joked about something serious) the accounting error and were all sacked. a) made fun of b) made light of
5. During the seaside vacation, the children (did something naughty) and were severely punished. a) made light of something b) made mischief c) made fun mischief made b) 5. of light made b) 4. meet ends make a) 3. him of example an make to b) 2. stink a made c) 1.