1. When did this story most likely take place? a. on a Saturday afternoon, just before football
season begins b. on a Saturday afternoon, in the beginning of
football season c. on a Friday evening, in the middle of football
season d. on a Friday evening, near the end of football
2. Uncle Scott is probably... a. Bobby’s grandfather b. Bobby’s mother’s brother c. Bobby’s father’s uncle d. Bobby’s mother’s friend
3. Why did Bobby’s mother tell him that she used to watch Uncle Scott play football?
4. After Bobby’s mother told him about Uncle Scott’s football games, what did Bobby realise?
5. What lesson can be learned from this story? a. You should be supportive of your family
members. b. Think carefully before you make an important
decision. c. Watching others play sports can be more fun than
playing by yourself. d. You need to work hard to achieve success. Match each vocabulary word on the left with the definition on the right.
1. couch a. small item that is believed
to bring good fortune 2. bleachers b. start of a football game 3. field c. scoring play in a football
game worth 6 points 4. touchdown d. Mexican foods made from a tortilla
filled with ground beef 5. kickoff e. sofa 6. concert f. long boards made of wood or metal for sitting 7. good luck charm g. event in which people sing or play musical instruments 8. tacos h. outdoor space
where sports are played