Choose the correct idioms
1. Janet invited Sarah to go for a hike in the hills to (release surplus energy through intense physical activity). a) whisper sweet nothings b) tear their hair out c) let off steam.
2. The teacher told Kenneth not to get (become very angry, excited) over the postponed exam. a) on tenderhooks b) steamed up c) in a stew
3. When preparing the guest list, Lisa (became worried and agitated) over who to invite for the wedding reception. a) was on tenderhooks b) got into a stew c) was tearing her hair out
4. The boxers in the ring were (in a state of anxious suspense) while the judges deliberated over the verdict. a) kept on tenterhooks b) tearing their hair out c) in a stew
5. The offer of subsidised housing (brought great relief because a problem had been solved) Edward’s mind. a) struck a raw nerve in b) took a load off c) steamed up